BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Life's Too Short
Spice up your Twitter with some Twitter Backgrounds


Saturday, February 20, 2010

Amazing people!!!

I am so thankful that there are so many people who have been there for me and my family this last 4-5 weeks. As many of you know we have FINALLY after many many many tests found out what is wrong with my mom. She has terminal Brain and lung cancer. I wasnt quite sure how to react after the roller coaster we had been on. Its insane how many ups and downs you can have in a weeks time frame!! Lets see we started out on a Friday, I took mom to our family doctor (who I finally got her to switch over to after a year of getting nothing from her doctor) cause it was winding her to change Keyara. As many of you know she dont weight much so this concerned me. Well we took her to the Doc and he talked to her and then said that he wanted to do a chest x-ray. He did the ray and said Im not positive cause we need to send you over to the ER and have more tests done but I think you might have ARDS. Well we get her checked into the ER and they told me who was on call and you all know my mouthy-ness....First words out of my mouth were "Dont worry mom theres nothing wrong with you we are going home!!!" Well the AM doc came and told me "Shiloh Im not a specialist but I would prepare yourself for the worst it looks like cancer to me!!" I just stared at him. Didnt know how to respond to that. Well after 7 hours of scares(her oxygen wouldnt go above 90 on 12l of oxygen) and test of course the two idiots we had oncall at the ER the PM one came in and said well we are about 99% sure its not cancer but we cant find whats wrong with you, you will have to go to a specialist and since its friday after 5 probably wont get one till next week.... Oh and if things get worse or you stop breathing come back in...HELLO IDIOT if she stops breathing I doubt she will drive herself back in!!! COME ON!!!! Well after 3 days of trying to get the specialist to pay any attention to us we made another appointment with our family doctor when he got back to town. He was MAD that it was Wed and we had no answers he called and chewed the specialist out and needless to say he read moms tests right then. He said he was 98% sure it was cancer. SO we were sent to Huntsman. So the next friday I drove her to Provo where Dr Wallentine looked at moms tests and said well there is no base so Im pretty sure this isnt cancer. Luckily my mouthy mom said well Damn I wish we could find out why I was getting so dizzy, the doc said wait your getting dizzy why did they do tests on your stomach then? Beats us! So he did an MRI of her brain and he proceeded to tell me that there were so numerous amounts of cancer in both the lungs and brain that they couldnt even count them. She has chosen not to do treatments since chances of it helping her are slim to none and it will just drain her quality of life! So we are ENJOYING her to the fullest. She is an amazing woman and I feel bad for those who will never get to meet and enjoy her. I mostly feel sorry for my kids cause she is an AMAZING grandmother! She LOVES to see the kids! But I really want to thank some VERY SPECIAL PEOPLE TO ME!!!!! First Shaunna thank you so much for taking me into your family and being there 100% when I need you for any reason! For loving me enough to let me just cry on your shoulder or just talk your poor ear off! Thank you Kim for being such an AMAZING husband and letting me put my short time with my mom infront of us. Know I love you with all my heart and am so thankful for the Love, Care, and support you show to all of us! Thanks for helping me get moms house ready for her! She LOVES her shower you put in! The Beans, Crowthers, Tanya and the Shermans for being there when I cant be! And so many more who have checked on me! My Katie dont go a day without atleast a text saying "I love you! Hows mom!" People dont know how much that means and helps me through my days! Thanks!! We are so blessed to have such loving and caring friends! The Mike Hyde's for coming and spending a week with Our mom! She loved having you guys here so much! I am greatful that you guys got to spend time with her and are able to talk to me and understand! THank you for your support in more ways than just being on the other end of this computer or my phone!!! For my Sweet Kids, Mom has been pretty gone alot of the time!! I hope you know I love you guys so much!! Im so greatful that I have had the chance to spend the last 13 years with my mom! There have been ups and downs as with every relationship but I can PROUDLY say my mom is probably my BEST friend!! I thank the Lord daily that I have another day with her!!! Remember that Gray and Pearl are moms Cancer Colors Please where them with PRIDE!!! I love you mom!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teresa Wood posted: Oh my honey I even got tears when I read that:( I can't imagine being ur shoes. I hope u cherish every moment with ur momma!!

Ali said...

So glad you guys are really treasuring these times together, she's a lucky lady to have people like you in her life. We're all thinking of and praying for you guys down here. Tell her her grandgirls love her very much and take care of yourself!!

Abelhouzen Family said...

shiloh-

i am so sorry to hear about your mom and all your tribulations, death is not fun and it is so hard to watch the ones we love slowly leave us. Hang in there you are in our thoughts and prayers.Let me know if there is anything I can do for you from St George .